swarm-announce

[Swarm Announce] swarm.org website changes

From: Alex Lancaster
Subject: [Swarm Announce] swarm.org website changes
Date: 06 Mar 2004 02:09:18 -0800

Folks,

We're migrating swarm.org to a wiki system:

 http://wiki.swarm.org/

For those who don't know what a wiki is, it's a website that allows
collaborative online editing of the website by anybody in the Swarm
community (and beyond!): (see
http://www.usemod.com/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?WhatIsaWiki).

As some of you have noticed the information on the website has been
drifting out of date, and updating it required a complex build
process.  Having the contents of the website be easily editable via a
simple text-based language, will ease maintainance, and should enable
us to track the development of Swarm more closely.

Anybody is welcome to help us update the site (content is under the
GNU Free Documentation License (GFDL)), but we do ask you to login and
create an account (indeed if vandalism becomes a problem we may
require this at a later date) and help follow some guidelines (see the
FAQ on the site) to make the site consistent and easy to navigate.
Some of the pages may be designated "protected" and may not be able to
be edited by all users.

Since the merge with the new site is not yet complete, the old site is
still accessible at the usual URL: http://www.swarm.org/ as we
transition our material to our new wiki site (most of the Swarm
software information has been migrated, for example).

(Eventually, wiki.swarm.org will become the new www.swarm.org, in the
meantime, please look at wiki.swarm.org for all updates).

Cheers, Alex