swarm-announce

[Swarm Announce] Major revision of the Swarm Development Group's wiki ww

From: Steve Railsback
Subject: [Swarm Announce] Major revision of the Swarm Development Group's wiki www.swarm.org
Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2006 15:40:52 -0800

Swarm Development Group announces a major re-design of our wiki site http://www.swarm.org.

The purpose of the re-design is to emphasize our mission of supporting agent-based modeling in general, in addition to supporting Swarm software and its users. www.swarm.org is still where you go for Swarm software, but we are also building the site into a resource for all agent-based modelers, no matter what software they use.

We are retaining "News" as a prominent section, but plan to include news (meeting announcements, releases of new literature and software, etc.) of interest to all agent-based modelers and not just Swarm users.

There is a new section "Agent- and Individual-based Modeling Resources" to provide information of general interest to modelers. Currently it includes (in larval states) resources on user communities, software, model design and applications, and specific scientific domains.

Other sections on our new main page direct people to the Swarm software resources and to information on SDG.

Remember that this site is a wiki, which means that people like you can and should contribute to it. It is very easy to register as a user, log in, and add information. At the bottom of the main page is a "help" box that contains information on what kinds of contributions are appropriate and how to edit the wiki.

As additional efforts to build an inclusive community of modelers, we will also soon be encouraging users of other platforms to participate in our modelling email list and in SwarmFests. And keep your eye on the site for news on SwarmFest 2006!

Steve Railsback
for the SDG Board of Directors