swarm-announce

[Swarm Announce] SwarmFest update

From: announce
Subject: [Swarm Announce] SwarmFest update
Date: Fri, 25 May 2007 13:20:41 -0700

News on SwarmFest 2007, July 12-14 at DePaul University, Chicago---

1. Deadlines are approaching rapidly!
Abstracts are requested by June 1. Registration by June 16 avoids a late fee and assures availability of low-cost housing. We may be able to accommodate later abstract submissions.

2. NetLogo and Repast training classes.
The developers of Repast and NetLogo have offered to conduct full-day training classes on Thursday, July 12 (SwarmFest officially starts that evening). The number of students will be limited, so register early. Information on registration for these classes will be posted soon.

3. Featured speakers.
In addition to our keynote speaker, Prof. Tim Kohler, we have added two featured speakers on topics of broad general interest.

* Michael North of Argonne National Lab's Center for Complex Adaptive Agent Systems Simulation will present ideas from the new book "Managing Business Complexity: Discovering Strategic Solutions with Agent-Based Modeling and Simulation"

* Scott Christley of the University of Notre Dame's Department of Computer Science and Engineering will discuss new hardware and software platforms, especially Mac OSX, and the benefits, liabilities, and how-tos of languages like Objective-C that can be tightly integrated with the platform.

Information is on the SwarmFest website: http://condor.depaul.edu/~slytinen/SwarmFest2007/
Questions and abstracts can be submitted to: address@hidden