Re: [swarm-hackers] Can somebody declare a CVS "version" that works?

From: Marcus G. Daniels
Subject: Re: [swarm-hackers] Can somebody declare a CVS "version" that works?
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2008 21:02:38 -0600

Paul Johnson wrote:
If you do want to make an RPM. you start with the tar.gz file mentioned previously. Then you build a spec file to control the build. I'm attaching the spec file that worked for older swarms. You put that spec file in the right spot in a hierarchy and then run the builder program "rpmbuild" and it generates the RPM and the SRPM. But, since you have to make the tar.gz file to start, why not just do that and let me have it, and give me tips on whatever special configure magic is needed.
Here is a tarfile that has the autoconf stuff generated.

http://www.snoutfarm.com/swarm/swarm-2.2.5.tar.gz