Re: [swarm-hackers] status of svn changeover

From: Scott Christley
Subject: Re: [swarm-hackers] status of svn changeover
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2009 00:15:40 -0800

On Feb 17, 2009, at 11:02 PM, Alex Lancaster wrote:

Do you happen to have a script that would convert a working CVS
checkout into a working SVN checkout (i.e. without having to do a
fresh checkout and copying over local files that weren't under version
control).

No I don't. But I don't think you need to do anything sophisticated. Tar up your complete CVS checkout, do an SVN checkout, then untar on top of that SVN checkout. Delete the CVS directories, and you should be ok. Now if you actually want to commit those changes to SVN, then you will need to do some extra work by add/remove any files, but file diffs to existing files should be just fine. You can do a double check by comparing the two directories (CVS and SVN checkouts) using recursive diff and excluding the CVS and .svn repositories directories. Something like:

diff -rc --exclude CVS --exclude .svn swarm_cvs swarm_svn

Scott