[swarm-hackers] 2.3 release

From: Scott Christley
Subject: [swarm-hackers] 2.3 release
Date: Thu, 05 Mar 2009 17:36:35 -0800

Hello all,

I started a 2.3 release branch for Swarm. It has been a long time since the last release, and I'm not sure of all the change, can you please send me any items you would like mentioned in the NEWS file? You could also add them directly to the file too if you want.

As part of release, I'm keeping notes on the wiki about the various steps to be performed, etc.

http://www.swarm.org/index.php/Swarm:_release_main_page

Note that I'm taking a "branching style" to the release. By that I mean, I don't generate the release from the main development branch, instead I make a branch, then do all the release work in that branch, allowing the main development branch to be open for continued development. Bug fixes and associated release get done on the release branch, and merged to the main development branch afterward.

I am going to start merging in my objc abstraction work, and Mac porting work, so this will create a lot of changes on the main development branch.

For those interesting in developing packages for GNU/Linux distributions, the 2.3 release should be version to start working with. I will put up a file soon, once I have access to the file download area on swarm.org

cheers
Scott