Re: [swarm-hackers] swarm 2.3.0 release

From: Scott Christley
Subject: Re: [swarm-hackers] swarm 2.3.0 release
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2009 14:03:39 -0700

On Mar 25, 2009, at 1:49 PM, Steve Railsback wrote:

Scott Christley wrote:
Hey all, I put a new swarm release up at:
http://ftp.swarm.org/pub/swarm/src/swarm
Please check it out, let's consider this a start for putting packaging together for some Linux distributions.

Hey again Scott,

Should we be publicizing this new release, and updating the wiki to point people to it? If so, how do we explain its difference from previous releases?

Hi Steve,

We could publicize, it doesn't matter much to me because I imagine people actively using Swarm (if there is anybody ;-) probably got the source code from the repository, as the last release is very old. A main purpose really was for something recent for testing packaging with Debian, Fedora, etc.

I did look at the wiki pages, and it struck me that there was a bunch of stuff which requires updates, re-organization, etc. I just wasn't ready to jump into that yet.

Scott