Re: [swarm-hackers] Swarm on MacOS 10.6 Snow Leopard

From: Bill Northcott
Subject: Re: [swarm-hackers] Swarm on MacOS 10.6 Snow Leopard
Date: Mon, 9 Nov 2009 10:10:48 +1100

On 09/11/2009, at 5:50 AM, Scott Christley wrote:
I am planning to eventually package swarm as an offiical Fedora package,
does svn trunk now depend on gnustep/openstep to also be installed on
Linux?  There is a stalled review for gnustep (or was it openstep?)
that you opened that I can help get re-started if need be.

No it doesn't depend on gnustep. What I would really like to have are the makefile build a non-GUI core swarm and secondaries libraries for tcl/tk and gnustep. It should then be possible to have both sitting side-by-side.

That would be good. It would make the structure more like R, with a core library, and an assortment of GUIs some of which can be platform dependent.

Do you have any time scale?

Bill