Re: [swarm-hackers] Swarm on MacOS 10.6 Snow Leopard

From: Bill Northcott
Subject: Re: [swarm-hackers] Swarm on MacOS 10.6 Snow Leopard
Date: Mon, 9 Nov 2009 15:43:10 +1100

On 09/11/2009, at 1:21 PM, Scott Christley wrote:

Great Nima, the idea is this:

Right now configure has the option --enable-gnustep. We want to change that to be --enable-openstep so that it implies both gnustep and cocoa; this is done by changing configure.in and renaming.

Just what does the option change?

Is the Object class at the base of the Swarm class hierarchy subclassed from NSObject or is it just that one can adopt OpenStep/ GNUstep/Cocoa protocols?

I am understanding that the work you have done makes Swarm comply with standard Objective-C runtime APIs and eliminates calls to internal functions and data structures which differ across implementations. Do I have this right? Do I need options to get this type of build?

Bill