Re: [swarm-hackers] Probe on Osx ideas!!

From: Nima Talebi
Subject: Re: [swarm-hackers] Probe on Osx ideas!!
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2009 10:29:36 +1100

Thanks Alex :)

Scott - Just a quick clarification to begin with however - Where does Narrative.framework come into it. Scott - you seem to have written a large chunk of this, if not most/all of it.

My hope is that we can work on the Probe independently - and that the function of the Probes is purely gluing any compliant interface, to the inputs and outputs of the swarm simulation.

[Probe] <--> [Simulation] --> [Narrative]

When that's complete, and we want pretty graphs, we can start attaching Narrative. Is that accurate?

two parts to the probe code, one part is purely ObjC and that part should be okay.  The other part is tcl/tk and is used for the GUI display.

...that "second part" would be the UI into controlling the inputs, and outputs - and _not_ Narrative - Scott?

Secondly, regarding the writing of the new classes to get it all up and running - can you point me to the specific files in the source that you're referring to? - I've never written or even looked at tcl/tk, so I may look and run away screaming, but I'll at least give it a try :)

Nima