Re: [swarm-hackers] Still learning the framework...

From: Scott Christley
Subject: Re: [swarm-hackers] Still learning the framework...
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2009 09:12:09 -0800

On Nov 19, 2009, at 2:07 AM, Nima Talebi wrote:

Yeah except micrograms isn't a unit of length, it is a unit of mass, but the idea is right.
What difference does it make though? I may use 1 grid to store radioactiviry in some space, doesn't have to be length, can be any property - why would there be a restriction on what data the grid stores?  Say grid one is 120x130, and grid two is 2400x2600, so 20x resolution of the first, and then the first stores - say height of land from sea level, and the second stores radioactive readings of uranium.

No?

Yes, I misunderstood, I was thinking you were referring to the corresponding physical size of the grid entries.  The values in each entry can be whatever.