Re: [swarm-hackers] building Heatbugs, question about swarmconfig.h

From: Scott Christley
Subject: Re: [swarm-hackers] building Heatbugs, question about swarmconfig.h
Date: Sat, 28 Nov 2009 11:20:38 -0800

On Nov 28, 2009, at 8:57 AM, Marcus Daniels wrote:

Hi,

Tried out the latest bits, and had a couple questions:

1) How are CPP defines like SWARM_OPENSTEP supposed to get defined? Including swarmconfig.h requires knowing whether or not one is building on MacOS X (e.g. the Swarm/ prefix). When I built Nima's heatbugs tree, it failed to find files like defobj_types.h.

They should get defined by configure, using --enable-openstep should set SWARM_OPENSTEP, then also if on OSX then define SWARM_OSX. But I suppose we can use __APPLE__ in place of SWARM_OSX.

swarmconfig.h should be included by all of the Swarm header files that need it, but there might be some additional ones required with the new changes, I will check. There shouldn't be a chicken/egg problem because all of the headers are under Swarm/ prefix by default. On Linux systems, symbolic links for defobj/, collections/, etc. are created to Swarm/

Scott