[swarm-hackers] Nevermind my Ubuntu compile problem. Now swarm doesn't w

From: Paul Johnson
Subject: [swarm-hackers] Nevermind my Ubuntu compile problem. Now swarm doesn't work in the same old way with blt :(
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2010 10:05:06 -0500

I slept, woke up, removed the swarm source code, got a fresh copy, did all the
usual crap, and it built.

I don't know why it compiled this time. Between times, I changed automake from 1.11 to 1.10. I suspect I had damaged the source code by making some mistake, and when I kept trying over and over to build.

I also searched randomly in the ubuntu package list, thinking they may have repackages things in a way that surprises us. I found these packages and installed them, but I don't think Swarm is using them.

ii  libffcall1                           1.10+2.41-3
         Foreign Function Call Libraries
ii libffcall1-dev 1.10+2.41-3 Foreign Function Call Libraries (development

After installing that, I am  back to the point we were at last summer-blt 2.4
crashes like so:

$ ./heatbugs
X Error of failed request:  BadMatch (invalid parameter attributes)
  Major opcode of failed request:  152 (RENDER)
  Minor opcode of failed request:  4 (RenderCreatePicture)
  Serial number of failed request:  2926

I have seen an email from Marcus indicating that the Fedora 12 folks had a patch for blt to address this, I'll see if I can track it down.

The ubuntu guys claim they have fixed it, but I don't see any improvement.  The
other users don't seem to see it either.

https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/359857

Professor, Political Science          http://pj.freefaculty.org
Assoc. Director, Center for Research Methods and Data Analysis
1541 Lilac Lane, Rm 504