Agents that interact with other agents...

From: bleydorf
Subject: Agents that interact with other agents...
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 1997 23:19:15 -0400

Hi,
We are starting our own "simple" simulation...no more heatbug questions
for a while.  We want to set-up simulation where there are two types of
Agents, (ie. A and B).  Type A agents move randomly, while type B agents
don't move on their own power, but type A's can "pick-up" types B and
continue moving...
Let's say that there are 100 of each type, and each agent has a number
from 1 to 100 assigned to it, so type A's go around and try to find
their match.  If they find a B that is close, they will attach, and
continue to search for a B which is closer than the one they are
currently attached to.

Has anyone created a simulation where some agents can pick up other
agents?  And then go on and search for even a better B and if they find
one, then drop the old B and reattach to the new one.

Any ideas, comments, or suggestions would be greatly apprieciate.

Thanks,
Brad.