SwarmFest

From: Darren Schreiber
Subject: SwarmFest
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2001 10:00:12 -0700

I couldn't find the additional info on the Swarm page. Do I need to wait til after SwarmFest?

Also, could I encourage presenters to create electronic versions of their presentations and papers so that those of us who can't make it can still benefit from what looks to be a great conference?

Thanks.

        Darren

VSB: Building a Full Swarm Simulation, in a single session, without caffeine.
Alessandro Perrone
Universita' Ca' Foscari Di Venezia

VSB represents one of the most straightforward and most rewarding ways
to program the Simulations using Swarm Libraries. With very little
effort, you can be right up to speed developing your next great
simulation, without all that tedious mucking about worrying about the
standard Swarm code.

VSB is fully Carbon compliant, allowing you to create simulations from
a single source base for all versions of the MacOS from 7.0 through to OS X.

The package is aimed squarely at beginners to Swarm Simulations
programming, and is ideal for small to medium-sized projects (even of
there's no limit to the quantity of ebjects you can insert in your
project). It generates full open source code, so all programmers
should find something useful in it.  VSB requires a compiler to
compile the sources it generates. You can use every platform in which
there's already compiled the Swarm libraries. For further information,
please contact the author or visit the Swarm web pages
(http://www.swarm.org) VSB has been compiled with Metrowerks
CodeWarrior version 6.

                 Darren Schreiber
                  Attorney at Law