RE: Advantages of agent-based modeling

From: Rick Riolo
Subject: RE: Advantages of agent-based modeling
Date: Wed, 3 Jul 2002 13:32:17 -0400 (EDT)

you can find one comparison of ABM and EBM (equation-based,
i.e. system dynamics modeling) in this paper:

Agent-Based Modeling vs. Equation-Based Modeling: A Case Study and Users
Guide. Parunak, V., Savit, R., Riolo, R. Proceedings of Workshop on
Multi-agent systems and Agent-based Simulation (MABS'98), Springer, 1998.
Center for Electronic Commerce Paper CEC-0 115.

There is a pointer it at
   http://www.pscs.umich.edu/research/techReports.html
under the 1998 papers.

There are more references to books related to (modeling of)
complex adaptive systems (CAS) at

http://www.pscs.umich.edu/education/CSCS-courses/cscs530/generalCasReadings.html

- r

--
Rick Riolo                           address@hidden
Center for Study of Complex Systems (CSCS)