Re: Multi thread programming in Swarm

From: Matteo Morini
Subject: Re: Multi thread programming in Swarm
Date: Tue, 9 Jul 2002 12:23:00 +0200 (CEST)

Dear Trushar,

some of my colleagues and I are working on our spare time on a homebrew
cluster of PCs (mosix) thanks to Università di Torino's Informatics
Laboratory generosity.  One of our long-term aims is to try and run some
of our swarm models (most of which intrinsecally and easily
parallelizable) exploiting multiple threads, either on MP machines or our
cluster.

I personally am in the beginning of experimenting (Objective-C only by
now, by fork'ing and waitpid'ing some of my agents), but at least one of
us has been trying multithread swarm in Java.

In case you (and/or anyone else on or off the list) are interested, I
think sharing experiences and some form of informal collaboration might
help us all. Just let us know.

Best regards,

Matteo Morini