Re: swarm support (was compare swarm with repast)

From: W . Northcott
Subject: Re: swarm support (was compare swarm with repast)
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2002 22:00:12 +1000

> Jacobo Myerston writes:
> Alex Perrone got most of the swarm code compiled and asked for help in
> order to port the rest of the libraries, but he din't get an answer in
> the support list.

My email client (Lotus Notes) thinks I sent the reply below within a few
hours of Alex posting his message.
Maybe it never reached him or even the list for that matter.  It was all I
had time for, because it was the start of our University session and I was
extremely busy.

It would still be very helpful to hear from Alex how he got this far.  ie
library versions installed and diffs for any patches applied.  That way we
could get it up on the Savannah site, which would enable others (even me
if I can find the time) to reproduce the problem and help to find
solutions.

I am hoping to get up a page of the various hints and tips which have been
sent in by others so far.

Bill Northcott
21 July 02

Have you tried
nm -g thelibs | grep the libname
to see if the symbols are in the libs you built.  If so you have a linking
problem.
If not search the source code for the function names.

Could you let us know what versions of the various prerequisite libraries
you are using, and any patches you applied.  I could put them on Svannah
for the benefit of others.

Bill Northcott