Java Swarm for non-Sys-Admin types

From: Russ Abbott
Subject: Java Swarm for non-Sys-Admin types
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2002 17:28:11 -0700

Hi,

I'd like to experiment with Java Swarm, but (sorry to sound difficult) I don't want to get bogged down in lots of system administration stuff.  Ideally, I'd like to install swarm with as little muss and fuss as possible so that I will quickly be in a position to do real Swarm experimentation by writing lots of java code.  Also, I want to do this on a Windows machine.  (If it matters, I'll probably use JBuilder for the Java code.)

Is this an unreasonable dream?  If not, I would greatly appreciate it if someone would send me directions about how to proceed. (Assume I know lots about Java but very little about doing installations.)

I'm sending this message to both lists because my guess is that the people on the modeling list might be more sympathetic to this request but the people on the support list might have more information about how to do it. Example Java models that I could install and run would also be very useful.

Thanks for your help.

-- Russ Abbott