[Swarm Modelling] Graduate research assistantships

From: Steve Railsback
Subject: [Swarm Modelling] Graduate research assistantships
Date: Wed, 05 Feb 2003 16:38:24 -0800

Hello fellow Swarmists,

Our group at Humboldt State just received a grant and are seeking
graduate research assistants.  The deadline for application is
unfortunately near. Could you please help out by passing the following
notice on to any students that may be interested, and forwarding it to
colleagues, other departments, etc. where interested students might be?
We appreciate it very much. (Note that the grant includes a university
group membership in SDG!)

Steve Railsback

Graduate Research in Complex Ecology: Humboldt State University has
several MS research assistantships available starting summer or fall of
2003. Research will address causes of complexity in fish population
dynamics at multiple scales, using individual-based modeling. Humboldt
State is an established center of expertise in use of individual-based
models for theoretical and management ecology.

We are interested in students with backgrounds in any related field,
including ecology, mathematics, computer science, and physics.
Applications are due March 1. For information see:
http://math.humboldt.edu/~simsys/ .