Re: [Swarm Modelling] ASM in Java-Swarm

From: Paul E Johnson
Subject: Re: [Swarm Modelling] ASM in Java-Swarm
Date: Thu, 06 Feb 2003 09:14:18 -0600

Awesome, dudes! I can't wait to try it out. I've not used jFreeChart before, but I'm excited to try.

How do you feel about me putting your source code up on the ArtStkMkt.sourceforge.net site? I could put it in the ftp download directory or in the CVS if you want to let people go at it that way. Its up to you.

Can you post your code, or send it to me?

I wonder about your results. Have you written any papers about this? Do you get the same patterns in the Java model as in Obj-C?

pj

Josema wrote:
Hello swarmers,

We are José Manuel Galán and Luis R. Izquierdo. As the final year project for our degree (University of Valladolid, Spain), we replicated the Santa Fe Artificial Stock Market (ASM 2.2) in Java with Swarm. We finished it some months ago, but we have been working in other multiagent-models since then.

The source code of this work is available for everybody who might want it (we can send it to the Swarm Development Group to be revised if you like). The documentation of the program is also available, though it is in Spanish.

We would also like to acknowledge the help of Blake LeBaron and Paul Johnson, and very specially the help of Marcus G. Daniels, because he gave us a light to continue our work.

There is only a small clarification: to show the wealth and position windows we have used the jFreeChart 0.7.2 libraries (http://www.object-refinery.com/jfreechart/index.html) because when we did this project I remember there were problems with histogram class of Swarm but the program works.

Thx.

José Manuel Galán (University of Valladolid, Spain)
Luis R. Izquierdo (Macaulay Institute, Aberdeen, Scotland)

1541 Lilac Lane, Rm 504