[Swarm-Modelling] Info for SwarmFest2003 participants

From: Gregory R Madey
Subject: [Swarm-Modelling] Info for SwarmFest2003 participants
Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2003 13:15:05 -0500 (EST)

Information for participants at SwarmFest2003:

Sunday Evening Reception (April 13): SwarmFest2003 will kick-off with a
reception with plenty of food, drinks, discussion, and friendship as part
of the SwarmFest2003 poster session. We will have 25 poster submissions
and all presenters have been invited to bring a "poster" version of their
talks. Professor John Holland will join us at the reception.

Pre-conference tutorial: We still have a few "conference computers" open,
as many people are bringing their own laptops. The Swarm tutorial has
about 20 registrations, but we can handle a few more if you are
interested.

Program: We have a full schedule with 25 high-quality presentations (in
addition to John Holland's keynote starting the program on Monday
morning). Professor Holland will spend all day Monday with us.

Wireless Internet: We will have wireless connections to the Internet in
all meeting rooms. Bring your laptops and wireless cards!

Things to do if you arrive early:

1) College Football Hall of Fame (10 minute drive from campus):
        http://www.collegefootball.org/

2) Snite Museum of Art (on campus):
        http://www.nd.edu/~sniteart/

3) Tour the "Golden Dome" and the "Basilica" (on campus):
        http://www.nd.edu/aboutnd/about/sights/cam_domebasilica.shtml
        http://www.nd.edu/~bshweb/

4) See the stadium that Knute Rockne built:
        http://www.nd.edu/~mkolasa/NDPICTURES.html

5) Stop in the visitor's center and the bookstore:
        http://www.nd.edu/~eckvisit/

6) Work out with the football team: Guests at the Conference Hotel may use
the campus swimming pools, golf courses, and exercise facilities.

http://www.nd.edu/~swarm03/index.html

The SwarmFest2003 Organizing Committee
        http://www.nd.edu/~swarm03/OrgCommittee/orgcommittee.html