[Swarm-Modelling] status_access_violation question

From: lpremo
Subject: [Swarm-Modelling] status_access_violation question
Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2003 16:56:12 -0700

Hello,

I am currently in the midst of coding my first involved swarm model,
which I am going to use in my dissertation research on early hominid
food sharing.  I've just run across a problem that I'm unable to solve
with my limited experience.  After I compile the executable (share.exe)
and run it at the command prompt, the simulation runs successfully for
anywhere from 50 to 700 time steps.  However, though it runs as it
should, the model always bails with the following error message at some
(seemingly random) point:

0 [main] share 1000 handle_exceptions: Exception:
STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION

and a stack trace is dumped.  Can anyone help me with this error
message?  It seems like its pretty general, but at this point I lack
the computer science background to make much sense of it.  Any thoughts
on this technical query will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Luke Premo
Department of Anthropology
University of Arizona