Re: [Swarm-Modelling] Hi, inquiry from a Chinese new comer :)-

From: Alex Lancaster
Subject: Re: [Swarm-Modelling] Hi, inquiry from a Chinese new comer :)-
Date: Sun, 22 May 2005 13:21:44 -0700

>>>>> "z" == zhengzheng pan  writes:

z> Hi, everybody, I'm really excited to participate in this group. :)-
z> I'm currently a college student in China, and will go to US to
z> pursue my PhD degree in Economics this Fall.

z> I've been working on my undergraduate thesis, the focus is to do
z> research complexity in the foreign exchange market and establish my
z> own artificial market model, then to do simulation via Swarm and
z> JAVA.

z> It's kinda hard for me in that I'm not familiar with Swarm or JAVA
z> at all. I've tried but failed to find proper program or
z> application. So would you please send me programmes or applications
z> on this subject please? Sample program is more desirable. And those
z> that have detailed documentation would be perfect.

Where did you try looking?  Did you look at the Swarm website?

 http://www.swarm.org/

Specifically the location to download the software is here:

 http://www.swarm.org/wiki/Swarm:_stable_release

Sample applications are here:

 http://www.swarm.org/wiki/Swarm:_applications

The FAQ is here:

 http://www.ku.edu/~pauljohn/SwarmFaq/SwarmOnlineFaq.html

which is linked from

 http://www.swarm.org/wiki/Swarm_FAQ

Please let us know if any of these links or information were difficult
to find, and if so, why they were difficult to find and where would
you expect to find that information?  We try and make sure that all
the links for newbies are featured prominently on the main page.

Thanks,
Alex