[Swarm-Modelling] About how I looked for info

From: zhengzheng pan
Subject: [Swarm-Modelling] About how I looked for info
Date: Mon, 23 May 2005 18:57:43 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

Thanks a lot for your reply. I think it might be better to open a new topic on this subject...

I do look on www.swarm.org and try those links mentioned in Alex's message. Mainly there were two problems when I was probing the website.

1st, approximately early in May, it seemed that swarm.org had moved to a new site. So every time I tried a link, such as "Documentation" or "Paper", the process would turn out to be sth like "Redirecting to the new site". And the problem is, this redirect would never end... Thus it's not until recently that I'm able to search for info from this website again...

2nd, there are many useful links and info on the website, I really appreciate it. However, a greenhand like me would still feel kinda confused. There are different versions of tutorial, there is a FAQ, there are applications and there are lectures, papers, but, which version of tutorial shall I study? What's the difference between FAQ and tutorial? Yes, I know a FAQ can indicate faster facts, but when I set up to build my own Swarm, is FAQ enough? Or shall I study them all? But the college does not give me much time to do on my thesis. En, maybe sth like http://www.ailab.si/orange/doc/ofb is better.

About the http://www.swarm.org/wiki/Swarm:_applications, I can only find the heatbug and mousetrap there. They're helpful, but different from the subject I'm going to do, the subject about foreign exchange market... I remember that I've seen the market application somewhere on www.swarm.org, I forget where it is, and when I found it, there was no link to download this application. However, I've found the code I need days ago, by using Google - I love Google, it's always so helpful...

Also, I've been looking for things like Users Guide. Google says that there is one on http://www.santafe.edu/projects/swarm/swarmdocs/userbook/userbook.html, but last week I can not connect to www.santafe.edu, things like that always happen, I don't know why China's National Security Dept. likes to block foreign websites so much, what can be wrong with university websites?! :(  It's ok now, hopefully I'll find more info on it.

Thanks again for your help! It's so great to see your messages. And, I'm sorry to be pest :P

Tomato

Do you Yahoo!?