[Swarm-Modelling] Multi-Agent Simulation Suite (MASS) -- Public Release

From: Laszlo Gulyas
Subject: [Swarm-Modelling] Multi-Agent Simulation Suite (MASS) -- Public Release
Date: Wed, 16 May 2007 23:01:15 +0200 (CEST)

**** Apologies for cross-posting ****

Dear Fellow Modelers,

I'd like to bring your attention to the first public version of the
Multi-Agent Simulation Suite (MASS), the agent-based modeling toolset
developed at AITIA International.

MASS contains a dedicated programming language for agent-based simulations
(FABLES), which is compiled to RePast 3.1. (So, you can continue editing
it and add advanced features, or you can directly develop your model in
Repast and use the other components of MASS). FABLES has an integrated
development environment (called FABLES IME) built on top of the Eclipse
platform. The MASS suite contains further modules as well, like a
graphing/visualization package with wizards, a tool for running and
processing batch experiments (the Model Exploration Module or MEME), and a
web interface to web-enable your simulation (also useful for doing lab
experiments with human subjects -- ie. mixing them with your artificial
agents). Unfortunately, this last module (the Participatory Extension or
PET) is not yet available in the public release.

The public release of MASS is free, but not open source. It does not
contain all the latest features, but we believe it is generally usable.
The suite is available at

http://www.aitia.ai/services_and_products/simulation_systems

I hope you will find our tools useful in your work. We are looking forward
to your comments or requests.

Best regards,

-- Laszlo Gulyas
--
dr. Gulyás László        | Laszlo Gulyas, PhD
kutatási igazgató        | dir. of research