[Swarm-Modelling] Update on Swarmfest 2008, as well as important Lodging

From: docgca
Subject: [Swarm-Modelling] Update on Swarmfest 2008, as well as important Lodging Information
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2008 12:25:11 -0400

Hello list,

I just wanted to give you all an update on Swarmfest 2008.  We have received a nice group of abstracts and are setting up the program schedule as we speak.  It presents a nice mix of applications in systems biology, ecology, social science and education, as well as some nice papers on distributed approaches to ABM and toolkit development.  In addition to the invited speakers in Systems Biology and High Performance Computing, our old friend Miles Parker will be giving an introduction to MetaABM and will offer an informal tutorial after the last formal session on Tuesday, May 13 (essentially we'll crowd around his laptop and order pizza--fun stuff!).  Also, we wish to welcome Susheel Varma from the FLAME project based at Sheffield, England.  He will be giving a talk about the FLAME modeling architecture. His talk and Miles' will be grouped together for a focus on integrative methods for approaching ABM development and use.

I also wish to report important lodging information for those attending.  In order to get the special Swarmfest rate you will need to call for your reservations prior to April 30.  After that date you will no longer be able to get the conference rate (which respresents about a $50/night cost savings).  Also, the number of rooms is limited; if you try to reserve a room and are told that the room block is sold out please notifythe Swarmfest Organizers ( at address@hidden ) IMMEDIATELY and we will work to get the room block extended.  For hotel information and online registration please check out the conference site at http://www.swarm.org/index.php?title=SwarmFest:2008 .

I hope that you are able to join us in Chicago from May 11-13.

Regards,
Gary An