Re: [Swarm-Modelling] financial modeling

From: Paul Johnson
Subject: Re: [Swarm-Modelling] financial modeling
Date: Tue, 09 Dec 2008 13:16:41 -0600

Jörg Kühne wrote:
> Dear Mailing-List
>
> Have someone experience with financial modeling together with the swarm
> simulation framework.
>
> Is it possible to apply shocks during the simulation?

Yes, it is possible to put in shocks, either with the GUI interface or
by writing some code.  I have a public opinion simulation that allows
shocks to be introduced.  If you dig into Swarm modeling and you need to
see one way it can be done, then give this one a try:

http://pj.freefaculty.org/Swarm/MySwarmCode/OpinionFormation/
> Exists an OS independent Java Swarm Version for Suse Linux  -  for example?
>
> Thanks for your answer in advanced

I'm not too interested in Java myself, but I can say it is easy to build
Swarm in Objc & Java interfaces on Linux. If you give me an account on a
Suse Linux system, I'll build RPMs for you.

pj

> Best regards
>
> Joerg

Dept. of Political Science            http://pj.freefaculty.org