swarm-support

Manual

From: glen e. p. ropella
Subject: Manual
Date: Mon, 3 Feb 1997 15:45:01 -0700

>I personally prefer the O'Reilly "? in a Nutshell" format. With a few
>chapters of introductory material and then the bulk of the book being a
>reference manual.
>
>John Eikenberry

I do to.  But, I still wonder if something as abstracted
as Swarm can be explained well that way.  The O'Reillys
are sometimes short on philosophy and long on technical
detail.  I guess I envision two Swarm Manuals, one for,
say, "System Simulation using Swarm," and one, say,
"Swarm Users' Guide and Reference Manual."

This is an extrememly important topic.  In my opinion,
most objects (be they software packages, services, ideas,
or philosophies) don't get used efficiently because most
people don't know what the hell they can do with them.  I
mean, if someone could explain why it's useful to learn
phenomenology, then maybe more people would be aware of
it and understand it. [grin]

glen