swarm-support

[Swarm-Support] How to remove agents in run-time?

From: Emerson Aguiar Noronha
Subject: [Swarm-Support] How to remove agents in run-time?
Date: Mon, 6 Apr 2009 17:41:25 -0300 (BRT)

Hello all,

In my simulation I need to remove agents in run-time, accordling to
agent's local rules. I've tried to do this using a method implemented in
the simulation's model. This method is called in ActionForEach, this code
remove an agent from the simulation's data structures, and I've tried to
remove it from the actionGroup in many ways.

What happens is that the agent is removed from the grid and from my
simulation's data structure. However, the swarm action still calls the
removed agent's step method. I've looked-up for this instance but I can't
found it.

Anyone has already done something like that?

Thanks a lot,

--
Emerson A. Noronha
Master Degree - Information Engineering

Serviço de Webmail da UFABC.
Apoio: Núcleo de Tecnologia da Informação UFABC
http://www.ufabc.edu.br/