swarm-swarmfest2005

Re: [Swarmfest2005] 2/4 Registration fees

From: Steve Railsback
Subject: Re: [Swarmfest2005] 2/4 Registration fees
Date: Tue, 01 Mar 2005 15:05:33 -0800

Pietro Terna wrote:

        Message 2/4 - Registration fees

        Last year we had:
____$0 SDG Corporate Group Member ($25 after April 12, 2004)
____$0 SDG Government Group Member ($25 after April 12, 2004)
____$0 SDG University Group Member ($25 after April 12, 2004)
____$25 SDG Student Member ($50 after April 12, 2004)
____$50 Student ($75 after April 12, 2004)
____$150 SDG University, Academic Plus or Postdoc Individual Member ($175 after April 12, 2004)
____$200 Academic ($225 after April 12, 2004)
____$250 SDG Government Individual Member ($275 after April 12, 2004)
____$250 SDG Corporate Individual Member ($275 after April 12, 2004)
____$300 Corporate ($325 after April 12, 2004)
____$300 Government ($325 after April 12, 2004)

        Can we simplify?

As an example: students, academics, others (providing a reduction the three cases if SDG members?

Simplifying sounds like a good idea, although we still need to offer
discounts to SDG members.

You could have student, academic, others; a discount (50%?) for SDG
members; and a penalty for late registration (which should be up to you,
because the purpose of this penalty is to cover the additional cost to
you of not knowing until late how many people there will be).

It would be nice, when you make your announcement, to show people where
they can go to become a member if they want to. I'm not sure we have
such a web page yet...

We have the support of ISI foundation (via a grant of the Fondazione CRT organizing the Progetto Lagrance initiative (look at <http://www.progettolagrange.it/>www.progettolagrange.it), with a 10.000 euros contribution and the support of the Dipartimento di Scienze economiche e finanziarie of the University of Torino, with other 10.000 euros.

That's great! (All SDG board members get travel costs paid?)

Steve

--
Lang Railsback & Assoc.
250 California Ave.