swarm-swarmfest2005

[Swarmfest2005] conference organization

From: Pietro Terna
Subject: [Swarmfest2005] conference organization
Date: Sun, 08 May 2005 15:55:21 +0200

An information to our list: I’m sending the message below to all people in some way concerned to the conference.

        Yours, Pietro

---

        Hi all,

I’m sending this message to all people having been in contact with the 2005 Swarm Fest organization. So may be that one or more of the subjects below are not relevant for you (e.g. already registered or already booked for the Villa Gualino Hotel).

If you are planning to join the conference first of all fill the registration form which is at at <http://www.swarm.org/wiki/SwarmFest2005/RegistrationForm>http://www.swarm.org/wiki/SwarmFest2005/RegistrationForm and send it to me.

If you need to a room reserved at Villa Gualino Hotel in the conference site, please fill the room reservation form which is at <http://www.swarm.org/wiki/SwarmFest2005/RoomReservationForm>http://www.swarm.org/wiki/SwarmFest2005/RoomReservationForm and send it to me (NB, I cannot reserve rooms on the basis of the registration form alone).

Finally, the more important request, to everyone: please let me know if you are interested to be a panelist in one or both the general discussions being organized in the conference (have a look to the program, at <http://www.swarm.org/wiki/SwarmFest2005/Program>http://www.swarm.org/wiki/SwarmFest2005/Program).

        The general discussions subjects are:

1. What users ask to agent based simulation tools and what our tools can offer
  (on Monday, 5:00 PM - 6:30 PM)

2. Expanding SDG/agent-based activities in Europe, including the possibility of
   a second European SwarmFest in 2006 or 2007 (on Tuesday, 2:00 PM – 3:00 PM)

        Concluding, two memos.

A first memo: we invite all the presenting authors to participate also to the poster session. Posters will be exposed all along the meeting, facilitating opinion exchanges and communication. The print out of 8-10 key slides used for oral presentation should be fine.

A second memo: If you are interested in a poster presentation consider the possibility of a late submission of the abstract: space for posters is still available.

        The best, Pietro

---
The world is full of interesting problems to be solved!
Home page http://web.econ.unito.it/terna