swarm-swarmfest2005

RE: [Swarmfest2005] urgent

From: Pietro Terna
Subject: RE: [Swarmfest2005] urgent
Date: Tue, 24 May 2005 00:22:13 +0200

At 00.08 24/05/2005, you wrote:
Pietro wrote:

>          Dear all,
>
>          the absence of Laszlo Gulyas is a problem for the Fest.
>
>          I'll offer him a grant to join the conference, asking him to be
> the invited chair of the second general discussion.
>
>          The budget has sufficiente room, also with the possibility of a
> contribution of 1,500 euros to SDG.
>
>          Do you agree?

I'm not clear from his message if it's the cost of attending
that's giving him difficulty, but since László is developing
new toolkits, and has a long history of Swarm and SwarmFest
participation going back to the first ones, then yes, I agree
that if a grant can make the difference then it's worth offering.
Since you came up with your own grants to help finance SwarmFest
I think this is completely your option as you see appropriate.
Any surplus to SDG from SwarmFest is entirely a bonus that we're
not counting on.  Feel free to respond as soon as you can to see
if you can change his decision.

Because of László's history with Swarm and continued ABM-related
work, do you think he might be someone we should consider for
the SDG board, to help diversify our European representation?
(Not that we don't appreciate the depth and numbers of our Italian
contingent :)  If he's able to make it, or even if you don't but
you continue discussion, feel free to check whether he'd be
interested.  With two open director slots we're looking for "new
blood" and László has also always had a lot of interest in
cross-toolkit issues.

--Roger

        OK, I'll inform you, Pietro