swarm-swarmfest2008

[Swarmfest2008] Swarm Fest 2008 Application

From: Susheel Varma
Subject: [Swarmfest2008] Swarm Fest 2008 Application
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2008 16:16:59 +0100

Dear Madam/Sir,

We wish to give an oral presentation on some of our work with Flexible
Large-scale Modelling Environment(FLAME) at Swarm Fest 2008. Please
note our contact details below. Please consider the following abstract
as an application for the same:

Abstract:
We present a general overview of the Flexible Large-scale Modelling
Environment(FLAME) project undertaken by The University of Sheffield
in collaboration with various Universities across Europe. We will
discuss a number of different case studies that range from biological
to economics models which have been implemented using FLAME and have
led to publications. We present a detailed computing architecture
overview, and will also outline modelling specifications used
internally within FLAME and outline some of the HPC technologies used
by and targeted by the FLAME framework. Finally, we present a glimpse
into the future of FLAME and some of the technologies that will be
used to implement our vision of that future. It is hoped that these
discussions will lead to future collaborations within and beyond the
Swarm community.
---

Best Regards
Susheel