swarm-swarmfest2008

Re: [Swarmfest2008] Status

From: Gary An
Subject: Re: [Swarmfest2008] Status
Date: Sat, 12 Apr 2008 15:36:47 -0500

HI Steve,

It is a pretty nice list, and I've looked through all of them.  The current list I have is 19 submissions; of those 2 of them (MIle's MetaABM and Susheel Varma's FLAME) are reponses to "invitations" from me, so I was planning on giving those two talks 40-45 minute talks.  Of the 17 that are left, I catagorized them into Computer Science/Programming (6), Ecology/Parasite dynamics (4), Education/Social Science (2) and Systems Biology (5). The invited speakers for HPC are 3 (45 mins/talk) and Systems Bio 2 (45 mins/talk).  I am thinking of accepting them all as talks, give them 17 min talk/3 min discussion(Strict!), putting the Sys Bio, Ecology/Parasite, Education/Social science talks (12 x 20 mins = 4 hrs) + 2 Sys Bio (1.5 hrs) invited speakers on Monday, then the Computer Science/Programming (6 x 20 mins = 2 hrs), 2 "Integrative" (metaABM and FLAME) talks (1.5 hrs) and the 3 HPC (2.25 hrs) talks on Tuesday.  After some discussion with MIles, I am going to get some ad hoc space so some interested parties can partake of a MetaABM tutorial.

If the rest of you would like to look over the abstracts and let me know if there are some really bad ones by Wednesday, I will send notifications out by the end of next week (in particular so the overseas vistors can make their arrangements).

How does that sound?

Gary