swarm-swarmfest2008

Re: [Swarmfest2008] Status

From: Steve Railsback
Subject: Re: [Swarmfest2008] Status
Date: Sat, 12 Apr 2008 17:43:08 -0700

Gary An wrote:

(45 mins/talk) and Systems Bio 2 (45 mins/talk). I am thinking of accepting them all as talks, give them 17 min talk/3 min discussion(Strict!), putting the Sys Bio, Ecology/Parasite, Education/Social science talks (12 x 20 mins = 4 hrs) + 2 Sys Bio (1.5 hrs) invited speakers on Monday, then the Computer Science/Programming (6 x 20 mins = 2 hrs), 2 "Integrative" (metaABM and FLAME) talks (1.5 hrs) and the 3 HPC (2.25 hrs) talks on Tuesday. After some discussion with MIles, I am going to get some ad hoc space so some interested parties can partake of a MetaABM tutorial.

I am perfectly fine with you just accepting them all if you can fit them in.

One comment: in the past we have somewhat intentionally mixed talks from different disciplines in the same session. That's partly to keep people awake, and partly to connect people across disciplines. It is nice to have some common theme to a session, but it could be something other than the scientific discipline.

--
Steve Railsback
Lang, Railsback & Associates