swarm-swarmfest2008

[Swarmfest2008] Possible Swarmfest 2008 presentation

From: Alex Lancaster
Subject: [Swarmfest2008] Possible Swarmfest 2008 presentation
Date: Sun, 13 Apr 2008 05:56:03 -0700

Hey fellow Swarmers,

It's been a while since I've been able to go SwarmFest (last time was
2004 in Ann Arbor) and I'm in a somewhat of similar situation to
Robert (below), as in being a little late and also not 100% certain if
I can make it.  But I'm now working in an area which is suitable for a
SwarmFest presentation esp. given Gary's excellent idea to have a
systems biology focus for this year's Fest.

I need to run this by my postdoc advisor and collaborators, but I
think I might be able to present (hopefully the word "Fest" won't put
them off ;-)).  I would like to do a talk, but it may be a poster as
it's in early days, and I'll be presenting it as poster at another
meeting: "Evolution" which will probably have quite a different
audience later in the year.

Title: Cellular network dynamics and evolution: a stochastic systems
biology model of gene regulation in yeast

I'll send along an abstract shortly.

Cheers,
Alex

(Since I appear to be on the program committee since I'm on the board
and this list, should I recuse myself from considering my own
presentation?)

--- Begin Message --- Subject: [Swarmfest2008] May I submit tentatively? Date: Sat, 12 Apr 2008 22:46:00 -0400
Hi,
I have something I would like to be considered as a potential
contribution to the upcoming Swarmfest. However, I am not yet sure if
I would be able to attend on those dates, and I see your submission
deadline was yesterday. So my first question is whether it is too late
to submit. If not, could I submit something tentatively, to be
confirmed in a week's time (I will know by Friday whether or not I
will be able to attend). I would not want to have to renege if it
turns out that I would not be able to attend. Nor do I want to miss
this opportunity.

I look forward to hearing from you,

Robert Bowers
Indiana University