synaptic-devel

[Synaptic-devel] Search tool : a suggestion to improve it's usability

From: Guillaume Pratte
Subject: [Synaptic-devel] Search tool : a suggestion to improve it's usability
Date: Sun, 12 Oct 2003 00:21:16 -0400

Just a small suggestion for the search tool.

Suppose this scenario : enter "test" in the Search field of the interface.

The list view is scrolled, and the package "testdisk" is selected. However,
there is no indication that the package is selected in the list, i.e. the
pacakge in the list view is not selected as if one clicked on the package.

I would suggest to highlight the result of a search as if it was highlighted
with the mouse. I was confused at first when I tried the new search tool, and
I think that this alone would eliminate potentatial confusion for a new user.

Thanks,

Guillaume Pratte