synaptic-devel

Re: [Synaptic-devel] Update of the po/fr.po

From: Michael Vogt
Subject: Re: [Synaptic-devel] Update of the po/fr.po
Date: 21 Oct 2003 12:15:56 +0200

On Tue, Oct 21, 2003 at 11:03:01AM +0200, Michel Grentzinger wrote:
> Hello,
Hi,

> I'm a french user of Synaptic and I have updated the french translation (po/
> fr.po). I have contacted Mathieu Roy, which is the previous tranlator and he
> said to me this is a better way to contact directly the authors of this
> program to update the fr.po.

Great! Thanks a lot for working on the frensh translation.

> Could you please apply the attached patch against the po/fr.po fileĀ ?

Did you worked with the latest version of the po file? I ask because
the patch does not apply cleanly. Just send me the complete po file,
usually gettext is good at merging the changes.

We are ready to release a new version (0.45) but we wanted to wait for
the translators first. You can find the new version via subversion at
https://oops.kerneljanitors.org/repos/synaptic
or you can grab the latest 0.45pre9 tarball at:
http://people.debian.org/~mvo/synaptic/testing/synaptic-0.45pre9.tar.gz

> Ps : I will resume the translation as far as possible. I'm going on holiday
> for a week.

Oh, I see. Don't worry :) Just send me the translation once it's
ready.

thanks a lot!
 Michael