synaptic-devel

[Synaptic-devel] Panel icon disappeard after upgrading to 0.52

From: Ari Torhamo
Subject: [Synaptic-devel] Panel icon disappeard after upgrading to 0.52
Date: Mon, 02 Aug 2004 01:41:39 +0300

Hello,

I succesfully upgraded my Synaptic installation to version 0.52
(actually I allready have version 0.53, but that's another story). At
the same time I upgraded Bonobo to version 1.0.22-8.1. When restarting
my machine soon after that, I got this error message:

Unable to load picture "/usr/share/synaptic/pixmaps/synaptic_48x48.png"
Details: no such file
(I translated this from finnish)

After this, I noticed that there was no Synaptic icon on the panel
anymore, but instead there was an icon with a sheet of paper and a
question mark on it. I've been using Synaptic for a while since this
happened and it seems to work normal otherwise, even the Synaptic icon
in the main menu is there. I don't know, if this was caused by
installing Synaptic or Bonobo, or maybe neither. Maybe this is not so
important, but I thought to mention it anyway. (Perhaps it would be
clever to install only one item at a time to be able to tell which one
caused the problems.)

By the way, after upgrading to 0.52, I found many new items in my
repository list. Is this a new feature in Synaptic - that there are
repositories pre-installed?

regards,
Ari