synaptic-devel

[Synaptic-devel] [bug #13380] Maximum value of the progressbar skips whe

From: Michael Vogt
Subject: [Synaptic-devel] [bug #13380] Maximum value of the progressbar skips when updating
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2005 08:58:39 +0000

Follow-up Comment #1, bug #13380 (project synaptic):

Thanks for your bugreport and the video!

This is really a bug in libapt. The problem here is that apt needs to download
a "index" file that has the information about how many packages needs to be
downloaded and how big those are. Once the index file is downloaded it updates
the status and that's why you see those strange "skips".

I agree that the behaviour should be improved (e.g. by showing the progress of
downloading the release-index file first and then starting from 0% again for
the rest of the packages file).

I would like to ask if you could file this bug to either the debian or the
ubuntu bugtracker? I find the savannah bugtracker cumbersome to use.

Thanks,
 Michael

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?func=detailitem&item_id=13380>

  Message sent via/by Savannah