synaptic-devel

[Synaptic-devel] [sr #104355] feature suggestions

From: anonymous
Subject: [Synaptic-devel] [sr #104355] feature suggestions
Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2005 12:00:41 +0000

                 Privacy: Public
             Assigned to: None
        Originator Email: marc_contrib AT_SPAM ramonvinyes DOT es
             Open/Closed: Open
        Platform Version: GNU/Linux

Details:

I'd really like to see two new features in synaptic:

1) Allow the user to make "snapshots" of the system and restore them
afterwards (e.g. ability to install some packages of the debian unstable
repository and if it breaks the system, go back and do a massive downgrade
(now downgrade only works well for ONE package)).

2) Integrate a GTK2 version of the debian "reportbug" tool to report bugs fast
and in a friendly way with a simple right click on the package.

I haven't much time to develop them but I could work a little bit to help you
for simple tasks (I don't know whether the 2) feature is really easy to
implement or it isn't). Let me know...

Cheers
MarC

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/support/?func=detailitem&item_id=104355>