synaptic-devel

[Synaptic-devel] synaptic dialog windows problem

From: jochen
Subject: [Synaptic-devel] synaptic dialog windows problem
Date: Thu, 01 Sep 2005 12:42:35 +1200

hi
I just encountered a problem with the synaptic dialog windows (summary
etc)in version 0.56. Synaptic sets the _NET_WM_STATE_SKIP_TASKBAR
property for the window. The problem is, my WM (e17) skips the Window in
the ALT-TAB list because of this property and I have been told that this
is the expected behavior. This raises a problem however, it is not
possible to switch to this window with any keybindings etc. if the
window is underneath another window, the only way to get to the dialog
is moving the window above. As the dialog window expects user input I
think this is a bad idea. If for example I don't immediatly press one of
the buttons but do other work first, the window might get lost
underneath without a good way of retrieving it.
Cheers
Jochen
P.S.: Please CC answers, as I am not subscribed.