sysvinit-devel

[sysvinit] Re: ?New sysvinit version 2.89dsf?

From: Petter Reinholdtsen
Subject: [sysvinit] Re: ?New sysvinit version 2.89dsf?
Date: Sat, 20 Mar 2010 13:29:19 +0100

I've tested the svn version in Debian testing, and it booted just
fine.  Had to apply a patch for Debia lenny.  See other email for the
patch.

I note that we have some patches in the Debian package not yet pushed
upstream:

10_doc_manuals.dpatch
11_doc_shutdown-c.dpatch
21_ifdown_kfreebsd.dpatch
46_pidof_symlinkman.dpatch
62_init_freebsdterm.dpatch
91_sulogin_lockedpw.dpatch
94_fstab-decode.dpatch
96_shutdown_acctoff.dpatch

(Available from svn://svn.debian.org/pkg-sysvinit/sysvinit/trunk/debian/patches
)

Of these, I suspect 11_doc_shutdown-c.dpatch,
46_pidof_symlinkman.dpatch, 94_fstab-decode.dpatch and
96_shutdown_acctoff.dpatch might be useful to include in the new
upstream release.  What is your view on this?

There are also some freebsd fixes.  I am not sure if we should include
them upstream or not.  I assume they work, but have no way to test
them. :)

Happy hacking,
--
Petter Reinholdtsen