sysvinit-devel

[sysvinit-devel] Addressing bugs and older packages on Debian/Devuan

From: Jesse Smith
Subject: [sysvinit-devel] Addressing bugs and older packages on Debian/Devuan
Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2018 13:02:44 -0300

For people interested in keeping SysV init in Debian and getting the
package up to date, I'd like to mention the Debian Init Diversity
mailing list:
http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/pipermail/debian-init-diversity/

Some folks on the list are coordinating to update the SysV init package
in Debian and Devuan. This should also benefit downstream distributions
such as antiX and MX Linux which use the SysV init package.

I am working with a few of the people on the list to try to address and
close old bugs filed against the Debian sysvinit-core package. We've
gone through around 30 bugs so far, closing, reassigning or fixing the
issues.

The resulting changes upstream are being applied in the "2.92" git
branch of SysV.

- Jesse