sysvinit-devel

Extending the time syntax for shutdown to allow +hh:mm

From: William Shipley
Subject: Extending the time syntax for shutdown to allow +hh:mm
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 2020 22:59:07 -0600

I've made a small modification to shutdown to allow for an extra time format specifier. It allows specifying hours and minutes away from 'now' in the form +hh:mm. I also added the extra syntax to the relevant manpage. When checking this new relative time, hh is limited to 99999 hours, which corresponds to a little over 11 years.

This syntax allows more easily specifying shutdown times several days in advance, like a preplanned reboot at 1AM on Sunday set up on the previous Friday.

I've attached a patch implementing the changes against the 2.95 release branch.

Thanks,
Will