sysvinit-devel

New version of SysV init

From: Jesse Smith
Subject: New version of SysV init
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 2020 22:22:13 -0400

Hello fellow init fans,

Things have been pretty quiet on the development front this year for
SysV init and its related tools like startpar and insserv. This is
probably a good sign, it reflects the maturity of the software. Not much
needs to change and the little work that has been done is mostly minor
polishing work.

I am happy to announce I'm publishing a new version of SysV init.
Version 2.98 mostly updates the documentation, and gives credit where
due for the fixed descriptions and typos. One key difference in this
release concerns the time format the shutdown command uses.

We fixed time parsing in shutdown when there is a + in front of a 0 time
offset. Commands with a positive time offset (+1) would work but +0
fails. This has been corrected by Arkadiusz Miskiewicz. Basically, if
you specify "+0" it should act as if the user typed "now".

The new version and its signature file can be found on the Savannah
server: http://download.savannah.nongnu.org/releases/sysvinit/

Please let me know if you have any comments or spot any problems.

Jesse