Re: [Taler] latest draft on the Taler cryptography

From: Christian Grothoff
Subject: Re: [Taler] latest draft on the Taler cryptography
Date: Sat, 26 Sep 2015 11:52:26 +0200

That's what we use for HTTPS when we visit websites today. So any
transaction you do today with any browser is secured by X.509.  We have
plans to do a tiny bit better, but ultimately we cannot build another
way to identify merchants to customers just for deploying Taler.  For
GNUnet, we have the GNU Name System which is much better, but that's not
for most GNU Taler users for the first round of deployment.