Re: [Taler] Flyer

From: Raphael Arias
Subject: Re: [Taler] Flyer
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2015 09:54:03 +0100

Hey List,

I like the flyer.
I have two minor criticisms:

- I have seen it before but never thought about pointing it out to
anyone involved, so sorry for only bringing this up now: The logo looks
very 1990s or early 2000s and, imho, does not adequately represent a
modern payment system which we are trying to build/promote. Whoever made
it, please take no offense from this :( sorry. Just stating my opinion.
Now, I am not a designer, so I don't really know how to make it better.
I like the general theme but, for instance, die gradient both on the T
as well as the circle don't seem to fit current design choices.

- It feels like there are a number of different fonts used on the flyer
which makes it seem a little cluttered. I understand that this is
probably due to using a logo image and the diagram on the back which was
possibly not designed (only) for the flyer. This leads to (counting
serif, non-serif and italic as distinct fonts) at least 6 or 7 fonts
that look different. I wonder whether that could be cleaned up a bit.

Again, I am just giving my uninformed, personal opinion, so please don't
hate me.

Farewell,
Raphael

PS: I suppose the last mail got stuck in the mailing list filter or why
did I only read it this morning if it was sent Monday morning?