|Subject:||Re: [Taler] GNU Taler 0.0.0|
|Date:||Fri, 3 Jun 2016 17:05:45 -0300|
I'm happy to announce the release of GNU Taler 0.0.0.
GNU Taler is a free software electronic payment system providing
anonymity for customers. Payments can in principle be made in any
existing currency, or a bank can be launched to support new currencies.
Merchants are not anonymous, and--due to income-transparency--the state
can perform effective tax audits.
This is a first alpha release of the four key components providing logic
for running a bank, exchange, merchant and wallet.
* Exchange implements the full Taler protocol, but does not
integrate with traditional banking systems (only with Taler's
* Wallet can withdraw and spend coins, but does not yet handle
refreshing, refunding, synchronizing, or export of
cryptographic proofs. Some error handling may be insufficient.
The wallet was only tested with Chrome/Chromium.
* Merchant backend can generate contracts and handle payments,
but does not yet offer full back-office support for tracking
payments received. Frontend examples are available in Python
* The bank can manage accounts, allows the wallet to withdraw
funds and can receive payments from the exchange.
Key open issues include:
* Wallet transactions are sometimes linkable because refresh is
* There is no auditor, and hence components do not properly
support auditors either. As a result, a dishonest exchange
could embezzle funds.
* No integration with "real" banks, so only toy currencies are
available for now.
* Documentation, testing, error handling and usability still
need to be improved.
You can download GNU Taler from:
* All GNU FTP mirrors ftp://ftpmirror.gnu.org/gnu/taler/
* Our Git repository is at https://www.git.taler.net/
Please report bugs to our bugtracker at https://gnunet.org/bugs/
Documentation can be found at http://www.taler.net/
Additional documentation about the APIs is at https://api.taler.net/
A demo is running at https://demo.taler.net/
Christian & Florian & Gabor & Jeff & Marcello
|[Prev in Thread]||Current Thread||[Next in Thread]|